Tasty, simple and versatile. This is how I would describe this receipe since you can use whatever seafood you want in it. This time around, I made it with shrimp, scallops and cod, but in the past I've also used clams, mussels, and crab. This recipe can be served with rice or pasta.
- 1.5 lbs Seafood of your choice
- 1.5 cup white wine (Any type. But remember, if it's not good enough to drink, it's not good enough to cook with)
- 1 - 2 tbsp Old Bays seasoning
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 med/lg cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 med Diced Shallot
- 3 stalks Diced Green Onion
- 2 slices Ginger
- 1/2 cup Cilantro or Parsley
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 a Lemon or Lime
1. Sauté shallots, green onions, garlic and ginger being careful not to brown them too much
2. Add chilli flakes and continue to sauté for about another minute to release some of that heat
3. Add seafood of your choice. Depending on the seafood you have chosen, you may need to stagger adding them. For example, if you are adding squid or scallops, these tend to cook quite quickly and you may want to add them closer to the end. But if you are adding crabs or lobster, they will need a bit longer to cook and will need to be added first
4. Sprinkle in the Old Bays and Lemon Pepper
5. Add white wine and butter. Cover for 2-5 minutes to complete cooking (time varies depending on the type of seafood you have used)
6. Stir in cilantro and parsley. Add salt to taste
7. Squeeze in lemon or lime before serving.
Leave a Reply.
Join me as I celebrate life through travel, food and photography.
I will only send out newsletters once a month or so. I promise not to spam